Sunday, October 20, 2024

Dave Lawson's Indieprints

Dave Lawson (1972-2021) was a  London and North Wales based artist whose Indieprints series features numerous music themed designs, often inspired by 1980s indie bands and songs. I came across  a display of his works recently at Caffi Caban in Brynrefail,  lots of very striking vintage style images.

Pogues 'Fairytale of New York' as book jacket

'If I could settle down, then I would settle down'
(lyric from Pavement, 'Range Life')


'I will love you til I die, and I will love you all the time'
(lines from Spiritualized 'Ladies and Gentlemen we are Floating in Space' translated into Welsh in this version)

His prints are still available from Indieprints, which has been kept going by family members.

By the way if you find yourself in the Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon area) I strongly recommend checking out Caffi Caban, great coffee and food (including vegan options) and five minutes walk down the road you could be swimming in Llyn Padarn.


Caffi Caban

Llyn Padarn




No comments: